Thursday, February 25, 2010

At the end of the day....

The end of the day is the hardest for me. I'm sitting home all alone, I usually can't sleep and my mind just goes a million miles an hour. Maybe this whole blogging thing will be something that I can use to occupy my mind. The only problem is that I'm usually such a private person about what is going on in my head because I'm pretty sure I fit in the catergory of crazy. haha. Anyway, work tonight was rough. I was only supposed to be there from four until eight (those of you who know what I do understand how draining my job is...), but some jerk on day shift decided that they couldn't come in tomorrow morning so us evening shifters have to save the day by coming in a five thirty tomorrow morning. ugh. long story short (too late), I had to stay til the end of shift (10pm) and I was not happy about it. And to top it all off, a walker was knocked over onto my foot and you would not believe how much it hurt. I half expected to see a massive bruise, but alas! no! Me being the beast I am now have a sore spot and nothing to show for it. :P I have so much homework to do and I'm working every day the rest of the weekend, so needless to say, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and the fact that I've been so emotional the past few days has not been helping at all. It kind of like having vertigo without having the physical sense that the world is spinning. It's just my thoughts in my head and they are spinning so fast that I can't catch them. Weird. Anyway, I know I will survive, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a flippin' obstacle course to get there.


On a more positive note, I had a very profound realization today. And to be quite honest, it is what has gotten me through the rest of my day. Whilst I was sitting in the reeve's computer lab today, comtemplating my microbiology paper topic, sitting next to one of my favorite people in the universe, I realized that some things never change. People come and go, our surroundings change, we as people change physically, experiences shape us into who we are, but there are those few constants in life that even though circumstances change, they never do. Some people in our lives are meant to be there. Some people are supposed to know and understand us better that we can know and understand ourselves. I don't know, it probably sounds silly, but after the emptiness I've been feeling for days, it was a ray of sunshine in my life.


Tomorrow is going to be a better day! It has a few challenges in it, but now that my mind feels a little clearer, I know I can face them head on and get done what I need to get done! Bring on the challege and the world! After a good night's sleep and a good workout first thing in the morning, I will be ready!


FN out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dearest Farrah, you are truly one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Thank you for being one of those contstants in my life who indeed knows more about myself than I ever will. You are amazing, and you deserve all the happiness the universe can create. Thank you for everything. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FARRAH! i'm stoked you're blogging! Love you! peace girl!

    ReplyDelete