Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inspired.

Have you ever had one of those days where you just had one realization after another? Today has been one of those days for me. I had the opportunity to go to the college ward for the first time in a long time because of my work schedule and things that have been going on with my family so it was a nice change. I realized how much I have missed it. It makes a very subtle difference in the day and the week and I have felt so much better today because of it. I also realized that even though my ability to forgive could also be considered a fault. I can't stop thinking there must be good in everyone and even though my full trust cannot be regained that quickly, I may be destroying better things in my life by giving the not so good another chance. (If that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry but I'm not going to elaborate anymore right now.) My most profound realization happened when I attended prayer meeting at the college stake tonight. One of my favorite bishops spoke on the spirit of service. He shared some very profound poems and I feel like I got a lot out of his talk. I realize how much I love serving others, especially since I am choosing to do it for the rest of my life through my career. I've also been thinking a lot lately about how I'm trying really hard to improve my health. I don't know how well it's working right now, but as far as my mental health goes, for those of you who know my story, I have finally been able to face and accept the shame for what happened a few years ago. My scars are a sign that I survived. Not a sign that I almost didn't.

That is all for now. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment