Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Passion

According to the dictionary the definition of passion is an intense, driving, compelling or overpowering feeling or emotion; particularly love.

I will tell you all now:

I HAVE AN OVERWHELMING PASSION FOR MUSIC.

Music is the driving force in my life, one of the few things that inspire me, something I'm good at, I'm willing to better myself at, and moves me. Music takes over where words fail. Music is the love of my life.

For me specifically, I never feel more alive, more in tune with my soul, more emotional, or more determined than when I have my flute in my hands and up to my lips. My flute is my greatest talent, my greatest accomplishment and my most prized possession. If I had my way I would never put it down.

About two weeks ago a very rare opportunity was placed before me. I had to postpone a great goal I had set for myself and the decision to do that was not easy. BUT, a greater opportunity was placed before me and I could not pass it up. I have been asked to be the floutist in the pit orchestra for the musical USU-CEU is performing this month, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Unfortunately one of the performances is on the same night I was supposed to run in the 5k in Salt Lake, so I will not be running, but I do still plan to do a 5k sometime this fall.

The past few nights at rehearsal I have loved this rare opportunity. I have felt more peaceful and fulfilled than I have in a long long time. Words cannot describe how much love and PASSION I have for music. I thank God everyday for the talents in music that he gave me and the opportunity I have to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment