Monday, May 30, 2011

Even more unexpected change.

I've heard it said that when we make plans, God laughs at us. I'm pretty much beyond doubt that it's true. Plans for me have changed drastically. I'm waiting to hear from financial aide. I no longer have anything to look forward to during the summer other than moving at the end of it. I did manage to find an apartment in Cedar, but I will be rooming with no one I know. And other than my bestie Ness, I'm going to be alone. All the fear I had about falling through the cracks have come rushing back. Don't get me wrong, I'm still optimistic and I still have high hopes for myself of achieving my dreams. I just can't help but feel a little bit terrified of this huge step I am taking. I am about to leave my home town where I have lived, grown up, and found comfort in for my full 21 years of life. I will be 3 1/2 hours away from my family and the majority of my friends who have held me together for the past few years. I still hold fast to the belief that everything happens for a reason. I am what I choose to be and right now I am choosing to be strong. I am choosing to make myself the best I can be. I am choosing to face the hurdles that have been placed in my path and clear them with everything I have. I know the path is not going to be easy and there will be many more unexpected challenges, but I will face them and I will be stronger for the everything. My life is my own and I only have one chance to make it all that I can be and I plan to do that.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some great inspiring insight for you. But the truth is I feel the same way sometimes. Changing, leaving, growing. They are all scary things. But when all is said and done, I think the fear is part of what will make them amazing experiences. For me, and I'm sure you'd agree, the hardest and scariest times in life are the ones that ended up shaping who I am. I just have to keep reminding myself that what you get out of every difficult situation is in direct proportion to what you put into it. So don't let fear stand in the way of having the best time of your life. I love you, Farrah! I wish more than anything that we could all move on together and be there for each other every second. But like you said, everything happens for a reason. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you're coming down to Cedar! You'll will do just fine. You make friends easily because you are such an amazing person. Plus, you've got Kirsten and me down here too. :) We look forward to playing with you! There's always that fear of the unknown, but I think once you get down here everything will be a lot easier. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete