Friday, April 16, 2010

And the result is....FINALLY!!

At long last...After two months of waiting, I finally heard from the nursing department. I think I'm more relieved that my life finally has direction again than I am about the actual result. Anyway, for the 2010-2011 school year I will be an LPN student in CEU's nursing school! I am so excited and really scared at the same time. It's been such an emotional roller coaster of a day. Especially since I knew the letter was sitting in the mail box at my parent's house this morning and I was stuck in lab for far too long before I was finally able to open the dang thing! I feel really good about the result however. I was beginning to doubt, but as soon as I opened that envelope and read my acceptance, I had the overwhelming sense that this was what was meant to happen. The timing is right, and nursing is indeed the career field meant for me. It still hasn't quite hit me yet...This weekend is so busy and full that I don't think I'm going to be able to fully grasp the situation until I have a few calm moments in my life. But for now, I feel pretty dang awesome.
Thank you so much to my parents and friends for supporting me! Espcially Carrie, V2, Rach, Ashton, Katherine, the Ambassadors, and Dr. B and Terry for being awesome references. But especially thank you to my bestie K-Dub, For just being supportive and always being here when I need it most. And for being there with me in what I feel was a life changing moment, and believing in me when I couldn't believe in myself. I don't know what I would do without you, and I'm so glad you were able to be there to share in my triumph!

It's going to be a long and rough road, but I'm ready and am facing the challenge head on! Let's do this shiz!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I am so excited for you! This is such a great accomplishment to even be accepted! :)

    You will be a fantastic nurse! Good luck in the program. It will be difficult, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COONNNGGRAAAATTTTSS!!! DUDE!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats girl! That is so awesome! You'll do great

    ReplyDelete