Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Beauty of Music

Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in my 8th consecutive performance with the Eastern Utah Wind Symphony. The performance was successful, was well-loved by the audience and I felt fully accomplished. I love being part of such a diverse and talented group of musicians that ranges from professionals to students. We work under an amazing conductor, Dr. Greg Benson, who never fails to impress. I am proud to call myself a band geek!


I am so thankful for my opportunities to further my musical knowledge while keeping my skills well polished and well rounded. Not only instrumental music, but all the performing arts are by far my favorite thing in the world. I'm constantly being awed, inspired, changed, and emotionally moved by participating in, and watching the arts. I love it with all my heart and I thank Heavenly Father every day for the talents and opportunites I have been given and that I have this great gift in my life. Music makes me feel more alive than I am capable of feeling any other time. I cannot put into words the love and passion I have for music.


2 comments:

  1. I am so sad I missed it! I feel bad because you came to see my show and I couldn't make it to yours. I know what you mean though. I love music. There is just something about creating music. There is nothing like it in the world. I miss playing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you!!! what great pictures. i wish i was there to hear it, but im sure it was wonderful :)
    love ya woman!
    ash

    ReplyDelete