Thursday, November 11, 2010

In honor of our Veterans

Today is Veteran's day and my heart is very full. Both of my grandfathers served our country, my Grandpa Nelson served in the Army in the Korean War and my Grandpa Grundvig served in the Navy during World War II. I salute those who have the honor and courage to risk their lives for our country to preserve the freedoms that we all as United States citizens enjoy today. Love a Veteran and support our troops!

For wind symphony this sememster we are playing a song called "American Heroes" as part of our concert. I cannot help but tear up everytime I hear "Anchors Away." My grandpa, H. Levon Grundvig served in the Navy in WWII. Not only was he an American Hero, he was my hero and so beloved not only by my family, but everyone he knew. He touched so many lives and I miss him so much. Today it has been four months since he left this mortal life and it has not gotten any easier. My heart still aches and I wish more than anything I could hug him one more time. Thank goodness for the gospel and eternal families.

1 comment: