Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving this year was so fantastic. For the first time in my life, it was just my immeadiate family. I missed getting together with some of my distant relatives that I don't get to see very often, but this year, I really think this was what we needed. My older brother who lives in Salt Lake came down and stayed all week. I got to spend lots of time with him which meant a lot because I won't get to see him again until Christmas. Food, and family. Definently can't get any better than that.

My personal favorite part of Thanksgiving.... PIES of course!




My mom and I made so much pie! It was fantastic!

And my first plateful....DELICIOUS!! Pretty sure I gained about 20 pounds over the weekend...



This Thanksgiving was also a very emotional one. It was our first Thanksgiving without my Grandpa Grundvig and my Grandma was sick so she was unable to join us which made it that much harder. But really, it made me all the more thankful for the family I was able to spend time with. Especially my older brother. He's my best friend and I have a really hard time not being able to see him very often. It's so funny, you would think that a brother and sister 6 years apart wouldn't have much in common or have reason to fight. Daron and I constantly fought as children and we still tend to tease, but we're super close, especially since neither of us live at home anymore, which I am so grateful for.

I cannot believe how quickly this year has flown. I'm so grateful for all my blessings and the opportunity I had to share this holiday with the people I love the most.

1 comment:

  1. Farrah! I just love you! :D And can I point out that we did not get together this Thanksgiving Holiday... hmmmm? SO I am making proposition... no I am not.. I changed my mind, you don't have a choice. I am planning a day, once finals weeks is over, that we are getting together! Right now I am tentatively planning it for the 17th or 18th. Or maybe the beginning of the next week. I am even beginning to plan out what we will do so we don't have a choice but to do it! :D I am thinking my house.. make a Christmas treat... something like that.. So get back to me... Or I'll get back to you.. :) Love, Whit

    ReplyDelete