Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dedicated to Holger Levon Grundvig


D&C 38:30 "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."

On July 11, 2010 at 11:09 AM, the world lost one of its most beloved, gentle, kind, and loving individuals, but Heavenly Father welcomed home one of his greatest children. My 83 year old grandfather, Holger Levon Grundvig passed away peacefully surrounded by his children and grandchildren last Sunday after a brief battle with mesothelioma.

My heart is broken and my soul aches. I've never struggled so hard in all my life. I can't imagine not having the gospel and the knowledge that I will be able to see him again. I love my grandpa so much and I miss him beyond belief, but I know that his mission in this life is complete and he is having a wonderful reunion on the other side.



I love you, Grandpa. Now, my guardian angel.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
And everything I'd like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'Cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post! We really are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. It helps so much in times like these. It's nice to know that he isn't gone forever, you're just in different places for the time being.

    ReplyDelete