Friday, July 23, 2010

Loving to Run

I realized today how much I am enjoying working on building my cardio endurance and working so hard to be healthier. I didn't have time to work out this morning and I was dragging all day long. I was more tired than usual, even though I had more sleep and I was so jittery. I had a chance to go running later and I really felt fantastic! I feel like I'm not getting winded as fast, although my shin splints are still bothering me a bit. BUT! the more I run, the less they hurt! Weird huh? Anyway, I ran more tonight than I ever have before in one workout. A total of 3 laps running with 4 walking in between some of those. Mostly I run half and quarter laps, but tonight I managed to run a full lap without stopping! I was so proud of myself! And this is only my second full week of training! I'm so excited and I can't wait to go run again in the morning. :)

2 comments:

  1. thats awesome farrah!! if your getting shin splints, its most likely because you dont have enough support in your shoes. I would suggest taping your shins to help with the pain. put tape on the ouside of your shin, then bring it in towards your other leg and keep folding around your leg. That way the muscle is not pulling away. does that make sense? anyway im so happy that your doing awesome! and that you ran so well! seriously that is so great!
    xoxo
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash! I'm going to try it! I really think I just need new shoes.

    ReplyDelete