Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An up in the middle of all the downs!

Today has been fantastic compared to my wreck of a day yesterday. I started the day off right by going running/walking for 90 minutes with two of my besties, Meg and Kelt. It felt great! I then studied for my class, helped my mom prep for her surgery and picked up my brothers from day camp. After my class, I picked the kidders back up from Grandma's and got to spend the rest of the day with the little hoolagins (LOVE them!) while my dad stayed out at the hospital with my mom. She had knee surgery today, and they ended up having to do a little more than originally anticipated so she was in recovery for a long time. She came home though, looking exhausted, but walking! I know the healing time is a pain, but she will feel so much better! I ended the day the way I started. Another run/walk with Meg! I think I'm beginning to experience what is known as "runner's high" even though I can't run all that far yet without my shins screaming in pain. I managed 1/2 a mile this evening though and I'm so dang proud of myself! I will run this 5k yet and I'm so looking forward to crossing that finish line triumphant!

I also want to thank everyone who has helped me through this tremendously difficult time in my life. I couldn't have done it without the support of my friends and family! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Farrah, you are so great! look at you being a lil runner. :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome with your training! I am excited for you to be a marathon runner! :)

    ReplyDelete