Monday, July 26, 2010

Frustrated and Discouraged

So I'm feeling really frustrated today and it's not even noon yet. I had a really hard time yesterday because it's now two weeks since my Grandpa Grundvig passed away. I miss him so much. I didn't do hardly anything I was intending on doing. I didn't study for my test or my final that I took this morning like I had wanted to. I still feel like I did pretty good, but it's just frustrating that I have no desire to do anything. I wanted to exercise a little too, just simple stuff with free weights and my exercise ball, but I didn't do that either. Instead I laid in bed for three hours. This morning I got up at six with fresh determination to keep up on my training. But alas, my shin splints were killer today, even with anti-inflammatory medicine. I know I could keep running and go twice as far as I can right now if my dang shins wouldn't hurt so bad. I'm positive it's because of my shoes. I've had them for over a year. According to active.com, it's time to get a new pair of shoes when yours have logged between three and five hundred miles. I think mine have done well beyond that between work, regular walking and the fact that I wear my nike's almost everyday because I love them so much. The issue is I want to get really good running shoes that are designed for my type of stride and step which means I need to go up north and spend good money at a sports store. Running is imprtant enough to me right now though that I am going to do it. I don't want to hurt, and I want to be healthy. And I want so badly to successfully cross that finish line on Oct. 9 with my friends and family having run the entire distance.



my good ole nikes...

1 comment:

  1. go to 26.2 (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=26.2+running+company&fb=1&gl=us&hq=26.2+running+company&cid=13585066493389138389). They video tape you running and then let you know what shoes work well for you. Mine were about 100 dollars, which is pricey. But when you think about it, i might as well pay for a good shoes, then surgery later? right? haha. anyway hope thise helps farrah! you are so freaking awesome. hope your day gets better :)

    ReplyDelete