Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Problem Solved??

The endorphins are back! After my long and full day yesterday, I didn't really have a chance to get as much exercise in as I wanted to so I was a little nervous about my run this morning. I took an advil before I headed out and did a good amount of stretching before my warm-up walk. I tried running more, with shorter distance with walking in between and you know what? I had a freaking epiphany! (or was it an epitome?...) I HAVE BEEN RUNNING WRONG! That is totally part of why I hurt so bad! Halfway through my run, I remembered someone telling me when I was on the track team in jr. high that when you run, specifically sprint, you should run on the balls of your feet, not roll your whole foot. So I decided to try it and you know what?! I was able to run farther and even more! Don't get me wrong, I still hurt and I'm getting new shoes, but I didn't hurt half as bad today as I did Monday. I'm hoping that's the majority of the reason and now I won't hurt so much when I run! In short, I felt great after my workout today... :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh the problems posed us by Marching Band...the rolling of the foot problem...hahah. ;)

    ReplyDelete