Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summer Goals

Ok friends!! Here are my goals that I am hoping will help to be happier not just over the summer, but will be the beginning of good habits that will help me stay happy for a lifetime!

The most important goal:


BE FARRAH!


I'm not going to pretend or try to force myself to like anything. Everything I do is going to be done with the attitude that I am trying to better myself and make myself happier!!

PHYSICAL HEALTH:
Exercise at least 4-5 times a week for at least an hour for each workout. I'm also not going to link my exercise to weight loss. Weight loss will be an added bonus. I'm exercising because it's something I enjoy doing, it's time spent on myself, for myself to increase energy and keep me sane!

I would like to run a 5k and a 10k by the end of the summer.

MENTAL HEALTH:
"It's easier to keep a clean house clean than to clean a dirty house." - Rachel Ryan
Keep my room, my bathroom and my study area clean. Organization has never been my strong point so it's time I started some good habits before I move out on my own in August.

Read at least 10 books on my 'Want to Read' book list. Specifically the complete edition of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, The counte of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

Gain and maintain a decent sleep schedule. No more staying up til 4 am and sleeping til noon...

Keep up on my week by week chart for my goals.


I know they don't seem like much, but it's the small changes that matter the most. I have a few more fairly intimate goals that I'm going to keep to myself, but hopefully you'll be able to see the benefits reaped by keeping all my goals! So excited! Updates will be frequent!!

PS - Anyone interested in having their own summer of happiness, I highly recommend checking out this website: www.happinessprojecttoolbox.com There you can set up charts, goals and see inspiring posts and goals that other people are trying to accomplish.




1 comment:

  1. It's not a small start! Those are some big, good goals. The perfect amount of goals for a summer. :) And they're really great ones and great habits to start (and will make living away from home so much better).

    Jane Eyre is my FAVORITE book! I always want to read it out loud. The Count of Monte Cristo is also amazing too. Good luck with Les Miserables - I hear the beginning is super hard to get past. Let me know what you think though!

    And good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete